Thursday, June 19, 2014

Paris-Saclay-Paris: a quick and convenient 50K!

I was supposed on a personal trip to Europe for some family reunion in France and some vacation in Malta but a last minute business request got added at the last minute with a detour to the UK (see my next post). I still managed to stop by Paris to see my parents and, for the 36 hours I was in Paris, I couldn't resist to go on my cherished Coulée Verte which I already covered in much details on this blog, 7 years ago.

I wasn't sure how long I was going to run for as I had to get back by lunch. The weather was good and I felt great trying to keep up with some bikes so I did push the pace and... the distance. I passed the Massy-Palaiseau train station and continued on to Saclay Bourg which, having started my run at the entrance of Parc Montsouris in the 14th district, was right on 15.5 miles, the perfect turnaround for a... 50K, cool!

I made a stop in Saclay to buy some water and Coke at a small convenience store and ran back to Paris even faster for an overall 3:33:53 (a final emulating and exciting sprint against the tramway for the final mile helped! ;-).

So, here is the route for an extended Coulée Verte (the official one stops at Massy-Palaiseau). 'Till the next time when I have more time to explore further...

No comments: